ARE YOU EXPERIENCING GOD?
When we were no more than substance, ordained creations growing into viable life, we were unaware of our first experience with the providential and Sovereign God.
“My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them” (Psalm139:15-16 KJV)
Though newborns aren’t conscious of a Divine Presence, years later we learn that we are not organisms of happenstance. We were meant to live out our lives experiencing the Abiding Presence of God.
So what does it mean to experience God? God has initiated and pursued mankind, in a love relationship, since the beginning of His creation. For all the years we’ve breathed another breath, had a roof over our heads, food to eat, clothes to wear, or whether life is as we would have it, or not, we’ve been blessed with whatever sustained our life to this point and time.
More than two thousand years ago, Jesus arrived on the scene to show us the love of God, and just how far He was willing to go, to pay the way for sinful man to be reconciled to holy God. When anyone truly accepts Christ, their heart and spirit are opened to begin the love relationship God intended towards all who would believe. And because it is through grace we are able to spiritually discern that Jesus Christ is LORD and SAVIOR, believers are then set upon an individual path to experience and grow in likeness to God.
So, how do we experience God?
1. “And Jesus said unto him, ‘Thy shall love the LORD thy GOD with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all they mind. This is the first and great commandment.'” (Matthew 22:37-38)
2. Experiencing God is truly accepting and acknowledging with our tongue and behavior that God is LARGE AND IN CONTROL. Whereby, He deserves our love, trust, and all our confidence should rest in Him.
3. Experiencing God is living in obedience to His commands, His directions, His instructions. We are blessed in obedience. We are chastised in disobedience. For God is not only a God of love and grace, He is indeed a just God. And His longsuffering patience with our disobedience does have an expiration date.
4. Experiencing God is a growing relationship of trust and love, as we daily learn to yield our life to His sovereignty. Through a love relationship with God, we are taught and empowered to let go of fearing situations being other than what we desire them to be.
5. Experiencing God means aligning our routines to adjust and open in obedience to His call, to participate in whatever agenda or plans He calls us to.
6. Experiencing God is looking beyond our limitations, seeing God as the ultimate Source that provides for, and overcomes situations and difficulties.
7. Experiencing God is a relationship we should all depend on and cling to, as we journey through the rest of our days and all of eternity.
Until my next post, peace unto you and all those your love.
**Be sure to check out the invitation to participate in the “under His Shadow” project–your opportunity to inspire and impact lives, while glorifying God.